The Five-Point Checklist On What To Do After A Car Accident
Tensions run high after an accident, on both sides. The last thing you want is to say something you should not say before you speak with your car accident lawyer Los Angeles has provided for you. I have a five-point checklist that you are encouraged to follow.
1) Stay calm – You should never admit guilt or innocence before you have the chance to speak with the car accident lawyer Los Angeles provides for you. Some people like to start gabbing to relieve the tensions. The fact that you have diarrhea of the mouth is not going to help your case.
The car accident attorney Los Angeles has provided for you would tell you this if they were there. The other side is going to pretend to be your friend. They do that to lower your guard. They want you to admit guilt so they can walk away. The other side wants to you pay for everything. That way they do not have to admit they did the wrongdoing if they are guilty.
2) Write down the information the police give you – They might send more than one person from the police department. Write down their IDs and give them to the car accident attorney Los Angeles provides you. Your lawyer needs the information when they speak with the police.
3) Stay away from social media during this time – You never know who is watching you, including the other side. Why would you air your private laundry on social media anyway?
The insurance companies and police could talk to anyone on your social media chain. Your friends could be asked to provide information. That is not a position you want to put them in. You go to the police, not social media. Social media is filled with people who pretend to be your friends.
4) Is the accident your fault? – File a report of the information within 24 hours. They need to know everything. Sometimes your insurance company will provide you with additional legal help.
5) Are you innocent? – You still need to report everything to the police. Give the insurance information on the other party too. Take pictures and send them in. One picture could change everything.
If you have been injured in accident in Los Angeles and you don’t know what to do next, Contact our personal injury lawyer Los Angeles at The Farias Firm, PC on (818) 222-2222.